Protection for our nation. Confidence for your family.
State Sponsored Life Insurance - SSLI - provides valuable group life insurance with special protections for National Guard members. All policies offer optional spouse and child coverage. Policies are portable, so you can keep your protection after leaving active service and still pay group premiums. And, unlike many civilian policies, there are no exclusions for service or war-related death.
Choose a policy with the amount and length of protection you need.
New York Life Insurance Company (NYL), Military Benefit Association (MBA), and Uniformed Services Benefit Association (USBA) are dedicated to serving the needs of those who serve America.
Apply for up to $20,000 of basic protection at rates designed to remain level to age 100.
Group Term Life Insurance
- Coverage to age 100
- Level Benefits to age 60
- Coverage reduces by 50% at ages 60, 70, and 75 (Premiums remain the same)
- Includes $1,000 basic benefit paid by your National Guard Association
Get up to $500,000 of protection with rates that stay level until age 50.
Basic Group Term Life Insurance
- Coverage to age 70
- Rates level to age 50
- Coverage reduces or rates increase at age 50 and at age 60
- No medical exam under age 50 for $250,000 or less
Apply for up to $500,000 of protection with rates expected to remain level for 10 and 15 years.
10 or 15 Year Group Level Term Life Insurance
- $100,000 of coverage starting at $4.50 per month for 10 Year and $5.75 per month for 15 Year.1
- Coverage can continue until age 84.2
- Guaranteed right to renew coverage for an additional 10 or 15 year term with a premium increase.3